Plan Accordingly -
- Students that have had a COVID-19 infection within the last 90 days, and we have a record of your positive COVID-19 results, our computer system will automatically exempt you from any testing requirements for 90 days.
- For students that have had a COVID-19 infection within the last 90 days, and we do not have a record of your positive COVID-19 results, please see instructions for uploading your results below to avoid any arrival testing requirements.
- We also encourage you to submit your positive results to Student Health. Instructions for uploading your results are below.
For more details on-campus requirements go to https://www.ucsb.edu/COVID-19-information/return-to-campus-requirements.
Uploading COVID-19 Test Results
- Log in to the Patient Portal
- Select the Messages Menu
- Choose "New Messages"
- On the Testing Services Menu Select "Send Outside COVID-19 Lab Report"
- Select "Add Attachment" Button and Choose Your Lab Result From Your Device
- After the File Is Attached Answer the Required Question and Press the Send Button to Send the Message With the Outside Lab Result Attached.
Please do NOT upload any negative COVID-19 test results, unless requested by a Student Health staff member. We only need to see positive test results.
CALIFORNIA's COVID-19 Exposure Notification System
If you are enrolled in CA NOTIFY and become infected with COVID-19, click here for instructions on how to obtain a code to activate anonymous notifications for others you may have exposed
CA NOTIFY Frequently Asked Questions
To activate the notifications after a positive COVID test, please obtain a code as follows:
1) for IOS (iPhones, etc.) go to SETTINGS, then EXPOSURE NOTIFICATIONS, and choose "Share a Positive COVID-19 Diagnosis"; or
2) for Android open the CA Notify app and tap "Share your test result to help stop the spread of COVID-19"