How to File a Report of Sexual Harassment and/or Sexual Violence

If you or someone you know has experienced sexual harassment, please report it! You can file a report in person, by phone, or online. The UCSB Title IX Office tries to protect people’s privacy while also fulfilling its obligations to respond appropriately to all reports it receives. In some cases, certain laws and University policies may require disclosure enforcement to other agencies. If you are unsure if you want to file a report, we recommend contacting one of the following confidential resources first for advice and support:

  • UCSB Campus Advocacy Resources & Education Center (CARE) 24/7 Line – (805) 893-4613
  • Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS) 24/7 Line - 805-893-4411
  • Title IX Advocacy Liaison in the Resource Center for Gender and Sexual Diversity (RCSGD)  email:

Support & Reporting
Options for Survivors


Office of Title IX and Sexual Harassment Policy Compliance

(805) 893-2701

UCSB Title IX Office Website File a Title IX Report

UCSB Police Department

(805) 893-3446


Campus resources

UCSB Campus Advocacy Resources & Education Center (CARE)

If you or someone you know are a victim of sexual assault, dating/domestic violence, stalking, or you are a student, staff, or faculty person concerned about a student, call the 24/7 CARE advocacy line at 805-893-4613. during business hours Monday–Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm.

CARE offers free and confidential* support services for all UC Santa Barbara students, staff, and faculty impacted by sexual assault, relationship violence, and stalking.

To reach CARE during non-business hours or on weekends, please contact the CARE 24 Hour Advocacy line – (805) 893-4613. Confidential counselors are available to provide support and information. If you prefer to remain anonymous, you have that option, but it may impact the types of services provided. If you need an emergency response, call 911.

Additional Methods to Report Sexual Misconduct that involves a Student Health Center Employee

If you would prefer to file a complaint with an outside agency instead of, or in addition to, a complaint with the University, you can file a civil rights complaint with any of the following:
(to file a complaint about any California-licensed physician or midwife)
(this site provides a list of licensing boards to file complaints about any health professional licensed in the State of California)

The Office for Civil Rights works to ensure equal access to education and through enforcement of civil rights protections on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex discrimination, disability, and age.

The CHCQ Licensing and Certification Program at the California Department of Public Health has regulatory oversight of licensed and certified health care facilities and of certain types of health care professionals. CHCQ also investigates consumer complaints against the facilities and professionals within its purview.

DFEH will investigate a failure by an employer to comply with sexual harassment prevention training and education requirements, and incidents of discrimination in employment, businesses and other services.

  • File a complaint electronically:
  • File a complaint by mail: 2218 Kausen Drive, Suite 100; Elk Grove, CA 95758
  • File a complaint by phone: 800-884-1684 (voice), 800-700-2320 (TTY) or California’s Relay Service at 711