UC SHIP INSURANCE GRANT
Depending on your financial need, you may be eligible to have your UC SHIP premium fully or partially covered by a UC Health Insurance Grant from the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships. Please note that your financial aid award will change if you waive out of UC SHIP.
A new waiver form MUST be submitted every academic year.
- Approved waiver(s) will remain in effect for the remainder of the current academic year (unless the student withdraws or cancels their enrollment).
- If you experience a loss of coverage and need to cancel your waiver, you must reach out to the insurance office at UCSB Student Health.
- If you submit an Insurance Waiver Form during the late waiver period, a $50.00 fee will be charged to your BARC account. Please see the waiver dates and deadlines below.
To check the status of your waiver, log into the Student Health "MyHealth Portal"
- Once you RECEIVE your APPROVED WAIVER email and your waiver is fully processed and updated, you will then be credited the full UC SHIP fee to your student account.
- It can take up to 15 business days for your waiver credit to post to your BARC account and update your status in our system.