In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we will not be charging patients for medical records.

(There might be a delay in processing record requests. We apologize for the inconvenience.)

Instructions for Getting a Copy of Your Medical Records

If you’d like to have your medical records sent to you, a medical facility, doctor’s office, or any other party, you MUST fill out the Patient Authorization To Release Medical or Mental Health Information Form. This request can be filled out and submitted electronically. 

Otherwise, it can be submitted via email, mail, fax or in person.

By Mail: University of California, Student Health,
Medical Records Department, Santa Barbara, CA 93106-7002 
Fax: (805) 893-2758

In person at Student Health: Information Desk in lobby

Instructions for Submitting Your Medical Records to UCSB

You may send your medical records by scanning them and emailing them to:

Frequently Asked Questions

  • If we send your records to a doctor’s office, medical facility, hospital or school there is no fee.
  • If you only want your immunization records, there is no fee.
  • Otherwise the fee schedule is as follows:
    • 1 – 5 Documents = No Charge
    • 6 – 25 Documents = $10
    • 26 – 50 Documents = $15
    • 51 – 100 Documents = $25
    • $5.00 Additional for every 25 Documents over 100 Documents
  • All fees must be paid in advance by credit card or check (Payable to the UC Regents).
  • We can not accept cash
  • Rush requests (1-3 days) will be charged an additional $10
  • Plan on 15 days for processing your request. If you have a deadline to meet, please write it on the first page of  your request.
  • If you are a registered student and have questions about a request you’ve already submitted, you must log into the Gateway to email the Medical Records office.
  • If you are NOT a registered student and have questions about a request you’ve already submitted, send an email to our medical records department.