Student Health Social Workers provide confidential services focused on enhancing and supporting student health and wellness. Through these services, they seek to assist students in achieving academic, social, and personal success.
They specialize in
- Comprehensive psycho/social evaluations
- Psychiatric Crisis Intervention, Stabilization, and Aftercare
- Complex needs counseling
- Community linkage and referrals for behavioral and physical health needs
- Academic Adjustments or Withdrawal/Leave support
- Support with returning to UCSB after an extended leave
- Medical care support or advocacy- for new or chronic conditions
- Insurance Consultation
- Continuity of care support when leaving or graduating from UCSB
These services are provided to students without charge.
UC SHIP students can connect with in-network licensed Psychologists, Therapists, and board-certified Psychiatrists via a mobile app, web, or phone using Lyra Health Inc; there is no referral is needed. Lyra is under your UC SHIP plan and available 24/7.
Lyra takes a culturally responsive approach to supporting people across a wide range of clinical needs, cultural backgrounds, and abilities. Therapist video appointments are available 24/7, seven days a week, and can be scheduled with the same clinician for recurring appointments. For easy step-by-step instructions for using go to Lyra Health Inc.
CAPS is a separate department from Student Health and their main office is located near Storke Tower. Please visit their website for further information.
Walk-in appointments can be scheduled at their lobby desk or by calling (805) 893-4411. Note: this is also the after-hours number for urgent needs for local resources as well as a phone consultation for mental health concerns.
Meditation and many other aspects of mental health are promoted through UCSB's Health and Wellness program.