UCSB Student Health offers FREE, convenient, and readily available appointments to discuss all options for preventing unplanned pregnancies.
We have clinicians with specialized knowledge and training available to assist you with the initiation and continuation of the birth control method that is right for you, including: pills, patch, ring, implants, IUDs, and more!
We have a Comprehensive Contraceptive Care System for all methods of birth control
- Education on all available methods of birth control
- Medical screening for any conditions would make some methods less safe than others
- Same-day start for many methods
- Prescription contraception, such as pills, rings, patches, and injections prescribed for 12 months
- Same-day appointments for emergency contraception
Hours of Service
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Join a Qless line (virtual phone line) to talk to a scheduling specialist
Registered University of California Students
Services Covered By Student Fees
- Doctor-ordered chlamydia, gonorrhea and HIV testing is covered by student fees and other testing may be covered by grants
- Most other sexual and reproductive health services are not covered by student fees
Birth Control and Contraception
Contraception is much more than just condoms.
The Pill? The Implant? An IUD?
How can you choose the right birth control method for your needs?
The Implant (Nexplanon)
- Join a Qless line (virtual phone line) to talk to a scheduling specialist
- DIY schedule an appointment online via Patient Portal Gateway.
- General questions? Email a Clinical Nurse via the Patient Portal.
If you are a person who menstruates:
- Avoid penetrative sexual intercourse, tampon use, douching and vaginal medications at least two days before your visit.
- Come prepared to share the first day of your last menstrual period and any other notable changes to or concerns you have about your menstrual cycle
Looking to expand your knowledge of sexual and reproductive health? Check out these links: