Health Insurance is mandatory for all UCSB registered students and a condition of enrollment. The Gaucho Health Insurance Plan (GHI) is a comprehensive medical insurance program offered to UCSB students. All registered students are automatically enrolled in GHI, but if you have comparable insurance and you do not want to keep GHI as dual coverage, you must submit a request to waive enrollment by the specified deadline.
- The statement regarding the new GHI Waiver Criteria can be found here.
- Waiver appeals take up to 30 days to be processed.
- Fees must still be paid during this time. If the waiver appeal is accepted, then the credit will post on to your BA/RC account in 30 business days.
- Need a temporary ID card? Insurance ID cards (for medical, dental and vision coverage) are available on the Aetna Website. For instructions, click here.
- Click here for GHI Benefit and Coverage Summary for 2014-15
- Find an Aetna Network Provider when you are away from campus, search for centers near you.
- For insurance options for students after leaving GHI, click here.