NEW Gaucho Health Insurance (GHI) 2013-2014
As a registered student at UCSB, you have an outstanding health plan available designed specifically for college students.
GHI is a comprehensive major medical insurance plan, providing medical, psychological counseling, prescription,dental and vision services. Remember, all students can use Student Health, whether or not you have GHI.
Students use Student Health just as they would a doctor’s office. In fact, you are encouraged to choose a clinician who will serve as your primary care provider for the duration of your time at UCSB. The facility is fully accredited, staffed by board-certified physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, psychiatrists, counselors and registered dietitians .
Useful Things to Know about Gaucho Health Insurance (GHI):
- Undergraduate Students: $2,414/year; or, $805/Quarter
- Graduate Students: $2,453/year; or, $818/Quarter
- You are automatically enrolled in GHI. Your coverage is active from the first day of the coverage period, September 22, 2013 - September 22, 2014.
- GHI is a comprehensive health insurance plan. View the list of GHI Benefits.
- With GHI, you can use SHS during the summer and pay the same fees as during the academic year, even if you’re not enrolled in summer classes.
- Dental Coverage is provided by Delta Dental
- Pharmacy Benefits (coming soon)
- Vision Benefits are managed through Anthem Blue View
Our waiver process remains unchanged: all students are automatically enrolled in GHI for 2013-2014, with the option to waive out by September 1, 2013 (through the Student Health website).
Student Health will continue to be your "medical home" for primary care and provide referrals elsewhere if needed.
***If you are more than 50 miles away from UCSB,
non-emergency appointments do not require a referral***
***If you are within 50 miles,
please make an appointment at SHS to get a referral***
If out of the UCSB area, you can find an in-network provider
(under "select plan" option, choose "student health plan")
<back to top>