UCSB supports the following “Statement of Reciprocal Services for University of California Student Health Centers” adopted 2/19/2010 at the UC Student Health Directors’ statewide meeting:
The Student Health Center (SHC) at each University of California campus gladly offers reciprocal access to its SHC services to currently registered students from all other UC campuses under the same conditions that apply to its own students who are not enrolled in its campus Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP). Students enrolled in their home campus SHIP may receive special discounts, benefits or services at their home campus Student Health Center. These special, campus-funded arrangements will not apply at another UC campus.
Note: Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) at UCSB is a separate unit with its own policies for services to currently registered students from other UC campuses. Telephone: (805) 893-4411, Counseling and Psychological Services Website.
How It Works
- Registered students from other UC campuses may be seen at UCSB Student Health in the same status that they are registered as at their home campus.
- Call for an appointment (805) 893-3371, or come into the Student Health main lobby appointment desk.
- Patients can be seen on an appointment or non-appointment basis. Visiting students should bring their STUDENT I.D. CARD and a CREDIT CARD for billing.
- Charges for services within UCSB Student Health will be the same as the discounted charges for “waived” or non-SHIP UCSB students. Student Health Fee Schedule.
- Visiting UC students must pay at the time of service with a credit card. They may request a billing statement from us so that they can submit it to their own home campus SHIP or other private insurance carrier. Request for Itemized Billing Statement.
Links to other UC campuses
Each campus operates their Student Health Center differently to best meet the needs of students in their area, and SHIP insurance is not transferable at this time; please check their websites for further information: