About Health Promotion at UCSB
- How do you define health?
- How do you define well-being?
- What are the connections between your lifestyle, surroundings, culture and health?
- What communities are you a part of? What are the most important issues facing your communities? Have you thought about what you can do to bring about positive change?
Health Promotion staff at UCSB Student Health are here to assist students in promoting health and well-being and preventing illness and injuries.
Our goals are:
- To help students learn information and skills and to support them in engaging in behaviors that promote health and prevent illness and injury;
- To work with student peer educators to create environments that support health, build community, and encourage respect, understanding, and compassion; and
- To support campus communities in assessing and addressing health-related issues.
Staying healthy and being an active participant in your well-being can increase your success here at UCSB. As a student, there are a variety of ways you can take advantage of Health Promotion services. For example:
Visit our resources page and check out our student handouts section to learn about a variety of health issues and self-care techniques.
Check out Student Health 101 - a new online magazine that answers many of your questions!