Students can use Student Health just as they would a doctor’s office. In fact, you are encouraged to choose a clinician who will serve as your primary care provider for the duration of your time at UCSB. The facility is fully accredited,staffed by board-certified physicians, nurse practitioners,physician assistants, nurses, psychiatrists, counselors and registered dietitians .
SH features include:
- Urgent Care Clinic
- On-line appointments
- Team approach incorporating medical care, counseling and health promotion
- On-site pharmacy, lab, x-ray and physical therapy departments
For more information about Student Health, see Student Services A-Z
Useful Things to Know about UC SHIP
- You will be enrolled in UC SHIP automatically. Your coverage is active from the first day of the coverage period, September 18, 2011 - September 17, 2012 for 2011/12 insurance and September 23, 2012 - September 21, 2013 for 2012/2013 insurance.
- You will receive a UC SHIP membership card from Blue Cross about three weeks after the quarter begins. You may print a temporary card to use until you receive your card in the mail. Always take this card with you whenever your seek care outside of SH .
- UC SHIP is a comprehensive health insurance plan. View the list of UC SHIP Benefits.
- With UC SHIP, you can use SH services during the summer and pay the same fees as during the academic year, even if you’re not enrolled in summer classes.