Instructions for Obtaining Your Medical Records:
How do I get a copy of my medical records?
If you’d like to have your medical records sent to you, a medical facility, doctor’s office, or any other party, you MUST download the Authorization for Release of Health Information form. This form is also available at the Information Desk located in the Student Health lobby or by emailing SHSMedicalRecords@sa.ucsb.edu
Where do I submit my request?
This request must be submitted with your signature via mail, fax, in person, or a scanned copy of the signed document by:
- Email: SHSMedicalRecords@sa.ucsb.edu
- By Mail: University of California, Student Health, Medical Records Department, Santa Barbara, CA 93106-7002
- Fax: 805-893-2758
- In person at Student Health: Appointment Desk in lobby
Does this cost money?
If we send your records to a doctor’s office, medical facility, hospital or school, there is no charge.
If we send your records to an insurance company or attorney, we will bill them at a rate of $0.25 per page.
If you only want your immunization records, there is no fee.
If we send any other records to you, there is a charge of $0.25 per page that must be paid in advance.
- If you are a registered student, we will charge this to your BA/RC account.
- If you are not registered, you must send a check made payable to: "UC Regents" with your request. We DO NOT accept cash.
How long will it take to get my medical records?
Plan on 15 days for processing your request. If you have a deadline to meet, please write it on the first page of your request.
If you are a registered student and have questions about a request you’ve already submitted, you must log into the Gateway to email the Medical Records office.
If you are NOT a registered student and have questions about a request you’ve already submitted, email SHSMedicalRecords@sa.ucsb.edu