2012-2013 SHAC Meetings: 11/6/12, 3/12/13, 5/28/13 5-7PM
All UCSB students are invited to attend. Meetings are in the student health conference room from 5-7pm.
The Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) meets once every quarter and makes recommendations to UCSB Student Health and the management team. The specific functions of SHAC are to:
- Create an organized dialogue between students and administration about student health needs
- Provide program and service advice/consultation.
- Advise SH regarding insurance and student impact.
- Identify educational/informational needs of students.
- Address barriers related to seeking care and provide user feedback around accessibility and ease of use.
- Assess emerging student issues and keep SH connected to student life and campus.
- Give campus administrators planning advice given student needs and budget constraints.
- Assess perception of SH services.
- Provide student input through additional channels such as hiring and other SH committees.
SHAC strives to reflect the diversity of the student body and to include representatives from AS, SFAC, Greek Community, GSA, Health Professions Club, EOP, international students, EOP, mental health and stress peers, LGBTQQ students, RHA, and at-large undergraduate and graduate students.
Committee Co-Chairs: Richard Artoul and Dominic Mullen, Student Health Patient Advocate
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Ferris, Director, Student Health
Aleisa Pfau, Public Relations Manager
Betsy Reynolds-Malear, Asst. Director, Student Health Promotion