Prescriptions from Student Health providers:
Prescriptions are electronically sent to the Student Health Pharmacy. Waiting times vary, depending upon the number of prescriptions in the queue and the time of day. The pharmacy’s busiest times are around noon and at the end of the day.
Prescriptions from outside providers:
You can have prescriptions written by your provider outside Student Health filled the following 3 ways:
- Mail your prescription to the following address:
UCSB Student Health Pharmacy
BLDG 588, M/C 7002
Santa Barbara, CA 93106-7002
Please be sure to include a cell phone number. We will contact you if we have a specific question.
- Drop off the prescription in person to our Student Health Pharmacy located in the lobby
- Have the provider’s office fax your prescription to us at 805-893-2736. Prescriptions may not be faxed from your fax machine. They must come directly from your provider’s office!
Refilling a Prescription
There are many options available when ordering a refill prescription:
- Call the Student Health Pharmacy at 805-893-2934 and leave a message to request the refill.
- Come to the Student Health Pharmacy (located in the lobby) and request a refill. Make sure to bring your prescription bottle or have your prescription information with you.
- Request a refill on our homepage through “The Gateway” secure messaging system following these steps:
- Login with your ID and password – click proceed
- Enter your date of birth
- Read through the information posted to help you complete this process
- On the left menu list click on messages
- Click on the top New Message
- Choose Prescription Refill Request – hit the continue button
- Fill in the requested information – note the options of requesting a 90-day supply and choosing mail order delivery instead of picking up in person – hit the send button
- An email will be sent to you confirming we received your message with further instructions if necessary
- Mail Order
To receive a refill prescription by mail order, follow the directions above in #3. Your prescriptions will then be mailed to you at the address you provide. Please allow 5-12 business days for delivery. If you need an overnight delivery please contact the pharmacy at 805-893-2116 to assist you (additional charges apply). If you do not have access to the internet, please phone the pharmacy at 805 893-2116 and our pharmacy staff will assist you.
5. 90-day Supply
Your prescription can be filled for up to a 90-day supply on-line (when permitted by your provider, the law, and in accordance with the pharmacy practice). Follow the directions above in #3. Some medications may be dispensed only for the exact quantity that your provider prescribes. These medications include but are not limited to:
- controlled substances
90-day supplies are cost effective!
NOTE: If there are no refills left on the prescription, the pharmacy staff will contact your provider. Please allow an additional 24 hours.
Transferring a prescription previously filled in another pharmacy to the Student Health Pharmacy
To transfer a prescription from an outside pharmacy, you can:
- Come by Student Health and bring your prescription container or;
- Call the pharmacy at 805-893-2116. Make sure you have the following information available:
- outside pharmacy name
- pharmacy phone number
- prescription number or medication name